RECIPE: WHITE CHOCOLATE STRAWBERRY SHAKE
February 27 is National Strawberry Day!
Strawberries and chocolate are a classic combination. The fresh, clean nature of strawberries marries perfectly with the complex richness of the chocolate. This marriage creates a palate pairing that is both luscious and satisfying. However, it wasn’t until the 1960’s when “chocolate-covered strawberries” were created by Lorraine Lorusso, that the combination truly took off and became a culinary staple in the dessert industry.
For a refreshing strawberry and chocolate beverage that’s perfect for for National Strawberry Day, whip up this White Chocolate Strawberry Shake made with Lindt Chocolate.
- 2 cups (475 millileters) milk
- 1 bar (3.5 ounces) Lindt CLASSIC RECIPE White Chocolate, chopped
- 5 fresh strawberries
- ¼ cup white rum (optional, but encouraged!)
- Heat milk gently in a saucepan, and add the chopped chocolate. Remove the saucepan from the heat and stir until completely melted.
- Refrigerate until completely cooled.
- In the meantime, clean and chop strawberries. Combine the white chocolate milk mixture with the berries in a blender.
- Blend until combined.
- Strain and stir in the rum if using.
- Serve in chilled glasses.
YIELDS: 2-3 servings.