Chocolate And Peanut Butter Popcorn Recipe
Popcorn is the ultimate movie night treat! We have put our own luxury Lindt twist on this snacking staple with this peanut butter and Sea Salt Dark Chocolate combo. It is also perfect as a party snack or divided into portions to enjoy as an indulgent on-the-go snack.
A Touch of Sea Salt Dark Chocolate EXCELLENCE Bar (3.5 oz)
- 3 Tbsp (45 mL) Vegetable oil
- ½ Cup (125 mL) Corn kernels (10 cups popped popcorn)
- ½ Cup (125 mL) Peanuts
- 2 Sticks (225 g) Butter
- 2 Cups (500 mL) Dark brown sugar
- ½ Cup (125 mL) Light corn syrup
- ½ Cup (125 mL) Creamy peanut butter
- ½ Tsp (2 mL) Baking soda
- 1 Tsp (4 mL) Vanilla extract
- 1 Tsp (4 mL) Salt
- 1 Bar (100 g) Lindt EXCELLENCE A Touch of Sea Salt Dark Chocolate Bar
- Pre-heat oven to 250°F degrees (120°C) and line a baking tray with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Begin by popping the corn: In a medium pot, place oil and a few kernels of corn over medium-high heat. When they pop, add kernels and swirl pan to evenly coat. Once corn starts popping, turn heat down to medium-low and cover with a tight-fitting lid. Shake pan continuously over heat until popping slows. Remove from heat when popping stops, then pour into a large mixing bowl. Add in peanuts and set aside.
- Wipe out pot you used to pop the corn and place it back on the stove over medium-high heat. Place butter, brown sugar, corn syrup and peanut butter in the pot, stir well and bring to a boil. Turn heat down slightly and continue boiling, stirring often to prevent burning. After 7 minutes, remove pan from heat and add baking soda, vanilla and salt – this caramel mixture will bubble up, so be careful.
- Immediately pour caramel all over popcorn and stir to coat. Transfer to baking sheet and place in the preheated oven. Check and stir the popcorn every 15 minutes for about 45 minutes total, separating the kernels as you go. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Place chocolate in a small heatproof bowl. Melt in the microwave in 15 second increments or in a bain-marie until just melted. Once popcorn is cool and set, pour melted chocolate over and toss to coat. Allow popcorn to cool and harden before serving.