Easy Chocolate Truffles
These easy-to-make bite-sized treats feature a luxurious combination of chocolate and cream. Create your own signature truffle by rolling in different toppings or adding in your favourite liqueurs or extracts and surprise your friends.
70% Cocoa Dark Chocolate EXCELLENCE Bar (3.5 oz)
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) milk
- 3/4 cup + 1 tbsp (200 mL) 35% whipping cream
- 30 g instant mocha coffee
- 2 x 200 g bars Lindt EXCELLENCE 70% Cacoa Dark Chocolate (separated)
- 3 eggs
- Pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) sugar
- Some Amaretti biscuits, coarsely chopped or crushed, for sprinkling
- Heat milk, cream and instant mocha coffee, then remove from heat, leaving mixture to stand for about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in six espresso or mocha cups, insert a strip of baking paper, about 3cm wide and 10cm long, in such a way that the soufflé can rise about 2cm above the rim. Use tape to hold this strip in place. Break 1 bar of Lindt chocolate into small pieces.
- Separate the eggs. Using a bain-marie, beat egg yolks into the mocha-cream-milk mixture until it has a thick consistency. Gradually add the pieces of chocolate, stirring as they melt into the hot cream. Allow to cool.
- Add a pinch of salt to egg whites and beat until stiff. Gradually add sugar while beating. Fold it carefully into the chocolate cream mixture.
- Pour mixture into each cup to top of paper ring. Place cups in the freezer for 4 hours.
- Melt second bar of chocolate. Remove paper strips from the cups and pour some melted chocolate onto the frozen soufflés. Sprinkle with crushed amaretti for decoration, and serve.