Lindt Chocolate Spread Swirl Muffins Recipe
These muffins combine both vanilla and chocolate batter, swirled together. The chocolate batter is made using our Lindt Milk Chocolate and Hazelnut Spread.
Classic Recipe 25% Hazelnut Chocolate Spread (7.1 oz)
- 1 Cup (250 mL) Granulated sugar
- ⅓ Cup (80 mL) Vegetable oil
- 2 Large eggs
- ½ Cup (125 mL) 14% Sour cream
- ½ Cup (125 mL) Whole milk
- 2 Cups (500 mL) All purpose flour
- 1 Tsp (5 mL) Baking powder
- ½ Tsp (3 mL) Baking soda
- ½ Tsp (3 mL) Salt
- ¼ Cup (60 mL) Lindt milk chocolate hazelnut spread
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a large bowl whisk together granulated sugar, vegetable oil, eggs, sour cream and milk. Whisk well to combine.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Tip flour mixture into egg mixture and mix until just combined. Remove 1 ½ cups batter to a separate bowl. Mix the Lindt Milk Chocolate Hazelnut into remaining batter until well combined.
- Place 2 tbsp chocolate batter in the bottom of each muffin cup. Top with 2 tbsp vanilla batter, followed by 1 tbsp chocolate batter.
- Use a skewer to swirl batters together. Bake muffins on the middle shelf of the oven, for 20-22 minutes, until a skewer inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Let cool slightly before serving warm with more chocolate spread.