Lindt Swiss Classic Milk Chocolate Skillet Brownies Recipe
These skillet brownies opt for milk chocolate instead of dark or semi-sweet chocolate. As a result, these chocolate brownies are both light and dense at the same time. These brownies are gooey and full of chocolate flavor!
CLASSIC RECIPE Royal Bar Milk (10.6 oz)
- 1 Bar (300g) Lindt Swiss Classic Milk Chocolate Bar, finely chopped
- 1 Cup (250 mL) Unsalted butter, diced
- 1 Cup (250 mL) Dark brown sugar, packed
- ½ Cup (125 mL) Granulated sugar
- 4 Large eggs
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) Vanilla extract
- 1 ½ Cups (375 mL) All purpose flour
- ¼ Cup (60 mL) Cocoa powder
- 1 Tsp (5 mL) Salt
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Grease a 12-inch cast iron skillet.
- Place butter and chopped chocolate in a medium heatproof bowl. Melt together by placing bowl on top of a saucepan with a few inches of barely simmering water, stirring often.
- *Keep a close eye on the chocolate as milk chocolate can burn quickly.* Stir constantly once it starts to melt and remove from heat as soon as all ingredients have melted together. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
- Place brown sugar, granulated sugar and eggs in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. (Alternatively, use a large bowl with electric hand mixer). Beat on high speed until light and fluffy and doubled in size, scraping down sides of the bowl as needed, 3-4 minutes. Beat in vanilla extract. Beat in butter and chocolate mixture until smooth. Add flour, cocoa and salt to batter and beat until just combined.
- Tip batter into prepared cast iron skillet. Bake until top is set, and a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean, about 30-40 minutes. Let cool completely in pan before topping with ice cream.