Ultimate Chocolate Brownies Recipe
A classic recipe that’s so simple, you’ll want to make it over and over again.
85% Cocoa Dark Chocolate EXCELLENCE Bar (3.5 oz)
- 2 cups (500 mL) Unsalted butter
- 2 Bars (200 g) Lindt Excellence 85% Cocoa Dark Chocolate, finely chopped
- 2 Cups (500 mL) Granulated sugar
- 6 Large eggs
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) Vanilla extract
- 1 Cup (250 mL) All-purpose flour
- ½ Cup (125 mL) Cocoa powder
- 1 Tsp (5 mL) Salt
- 1 Bar (100g) Lindt Excellence 70% Cacao Dark Chocolate, chopped
- 1 Bar (100g) Lindt Excellence A Touch of Sea Salt Dark Chocolate, chopped
- Flaky salt (like Maldon), for sprinkling
- 1 Bar (100g) Lindt Excellence Extra Creamy, finely chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease and line a 9” x 13” metal baking pan with parchment paper.
- Place butter and chopped 85% chocolate in a medium bowl. Melt together by placing bowl on top of a saucepan with a few inches of simmering water, stirring often. Do not let water boil. Alternatively, melt butter and chocolate in a microwave safe bowl. Melt in 20-30 second increments, stirring every 30 seconds. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
- Combine sugar, eggs and vanilla extract in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. (Alternatively, use a large bowl with electric hand mixer). Beat on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Tip in cooled chocolate and butter mixture and mix well to combine, about 30 seconds.
- In a small bowl whisk together all-purpose flour, cocoa powder and salt. Tip flour mixture into chocolate mixture and mix on low speed until well combined. Mix in chopped 70% dark chocolate bar. Pour batter into prepared pan. Evenly sprinkle chopped Lindt Excellence Sea Salt on top of batter. Sprinkle with flaky salt. Bake for 35 minutes, until top is set and brownies are cooked through.
- If using, melt chopped Lindt Excellence Extra Creamy in a bowl on top of a saucepan with a few inches of simmering water, stirring often. Do not let water boil. Alternatively, melt butter and chocolate in a microwave safe bowl. Melt in 20-30 second increments, stirring every 30 seconds. Drizzle melted chocolate over brownies. Let brownies cool completely before slicing.
- TIP: For an even richer batch of brownies use 2 bars of Lindt Excellence 70% Cacao Dark Chocolate, instead of 1.
- For fans of a more classic brownie, simply substitute the different flavors of Excellence for 5 or 6 bars of Lindt Excellence 70% Cacao Dark Chocolate (depending on how rich you’d like them!).