Lindt & Sprüngli ("Lindt", "we", "us" or "our") is committed to protecting your privacy. This Privacy Notice ("Privacy Notice") explains how Lindt processes Personal Information, for what purposes, how we disclose it and what choices you have regarding our use of information about you. This Privacy Notice applies to information collected on our websites, online shops and applications ("Sites").
How do we collect information about you?
We may collect identifying information ("Personal Information") about you through automatic interactions with you, through submissions you make directly to us and through third parties.
Information we collect about you through your use of Sites
Information you provide to us
We collect Personal Information when you request information about us, purchase our products, register for a contest or use an application of our company.
Information we receive from third parties
We work closely with third parties (for example, business partners, affiliates of Lindt, advertising networks, payment processors, and analytics providers) and may obtain information about you from them. For example, we may obtain information about your shopping habits in order to better customize our products to you.
What type of information is collected about you?
We may collect the following Personal Information about you:
- Name and contact data. Your first and last name, email address, home or business address and phone number.
- Demographic data. Data about you such as your age, gender, country and preferred language.
- Payment data. Payment card number and related information such as expiration date and any required codes.
- Images and videos. Any images, videos and personal stories that you may provide as a result of your use of Sites.
- Location data. Data about your location which can be precise or imprecise. For example, we collect location data about nearby cell towers and hotspots as well as zip code data which provides a less precise location.
- Feedback and ratings. Any information that you provide to us about our Sites.
- Credentials. Passwords, password hints, and other security information used for authentication.
How is information collected about you used?
We use Personal Information about you for the following purposes:
- To provide you with our Sites, products or information you asked for;
- To improve and develop our Sites and products;
- To administer contests and promotions for which you signed up;
- To personalize our products and Sites and make recommendations to you;
- To allow you to participate in our loyalty program;
- To address Sites integrity or security issues;
- To send you updates about our Sites;
- To facilitate and otherwise address certain inquiries or requests regarding the Sites, or respond to your questions or requests for information about or from Lindt;
- To ensure compliance with any Lindt policies and any applicable law, regulation or order;
- To protect the rights, property, or personal safety of another Lindt user, website visitor, other users of the Sites, or any member of the public;
- To operate our Sites.
With whom do we share the information that we collect?
We share Personal Information about you with third parties, as needed, to administer our website and perform our Sites, and as described in this Privacy Notice. We may share Personal Information about you with affiliates, agents, service providers and distributors in order to administer our Sites.
We may also use and disclose certain aggregated, anonymized information, such as website usage data, to our trusted business partners. Such information may also be shared with third parties for advertising, informational, or comparison purposes. However, such information shall not be personally identifiable to any user.
What are your choices about the Personal Information collected?
When submitting information and interacting with our Sites, you choose which information you wish to share. Please take care to share only such information as is needed or that you believe is appropriate. Any promotional email we send to you will contain a link which will allow you to opt out of receiving any further correspondence. If you have created an online account, you may also change your correspondence preferences by logging into your account.
You may also opt out at any time from marketing communications by contacting us via our Contact Us form. You may disable your online account access at any time; however, this will not necessarily result in the deletion of any Personal Information.
You can also limit the use of tracking technologies, such as cookie collection which can be modified in browser settings on your device.
We also use "web beacons" to help deliver cookies and gather usage and performance data. Our websites may include web beacons, cookies or similar technologies from third party service providers.
How do you keep Personal Information secure?
Lindt takes commercially reasonable measures to secure and protect information transmitted via our Sites. Our Sites are scanned regularly for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your use of our Sites as safe as possible.
Nevertheless, because no Sites are impenetrable, we cannot guarantee that information that users of the Sites may transmit or otherwise supply will be totally secure.
How long do you keep Personal Information?
We hold onto different types of data as necessary to provide the products and fulfill the transactions you requested, or for another legitimate purpose such as complying with legal obligations. Because the needs vary based on different data types, retention periods may vary significantly.
For example, we may keep information about you and how you use our Sites as long as necessary for our legitimate business interests, for legal reasons, and to prevent harm as described in the How We Use Information section.
Links to third party websites
For your convenience, some hyperlinks may be posted on our Sites that link to other websites not under our control. We are not responsible for, and this Privacy Notice does not apply to, the privacy practices of those sites or of any companies that we do not own or control.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
Data Subject Rights — California Residents
ATTN: Legal Department
Lindt & Sprüngli (USA) Inc.
One Fine Chocolate Place
Stratham, NH 03885
If you do, we will need to collect Personal Information and other information such as your name, email or transaction history in order to verify your identity. You may also authorize an agent to make a request on your behalf, who will need to provide similar information for verification.
Right to Deletion of Personal Information
California residents have the right to request the deletion of Personal Information as prescribed in Section 1798.105(a) of the CCPA. Lindt may not delete some or all requested Personal Information as required or allowed by applicable law.
Right of Access: Right to Request Disclosure of Data Collection and Sharing Practices
You may request to receive details about how we collect, use, and share your Personal Information. Specifically, you may request to receive the specific pieces of Personal Information that we have collected about you.
You may also request to receive:
- the categories of Personal Information that we have collected about you,
- the categories of Personal Information that we have disclosed for a business purpose,
- the categories of sources from which we collected the Personal Information,
- our purposes for collecting that Personal Information, and
- the categories of parties with whom we share your Personal Information.
Right to Opt-Out of Sale
You have a right to direct us not to sell your Personal Information. If you would like to exercise that right, please email: CustomerService@lindt.com
Alternatively, you may direct us to not to sell your Personal Information by contacting us as provided above.
Right to not be Discriminated Against for Exercising CCPA Rights
We do not discriminate against you for exercising any CCPA rights, such as the access and deletion rights described above. If we choose to offer a product enhancement or financial incentive that is contingent on you sharing personal information, we will ensure that the value provided to us by that collection is reasonably related to the value of the product enhancement or financial incentive.
Do Not Track Requests
Certain states such as California and Delaware require that we indicate whether we honor "Do Not Track" settings in your browser concerning targeted advertising. We do not monitor or follow any Do Not Track browser requests.
Are Children allowed to use the Sites?
Our Sites are intended for a general audience and is not intended for use or view by children under 13 years of age without parental consent, and we do not knowingly collect information about children or sell products to children. Consistent with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act, we will not knowingly collect any information from children under the age of 13.
If you have questions about this Privacy Notice or the way in which Lindt uses Personal Information about you, you can contact us via our Contact Us page.
Alternately, you may also contact us at:
Lindt & Sprüngli AG
8802 Kilchberg, Switzerland
Updated: December 2019