Chocolate Power Bars
Made with wholesome ingredients and topped with Lindt EXCELLENCE Sea Salt Dark Chocolate, these delicious power bars are a healthy, homemade snack the whole family will love.
A Touch of Sea Salt Dark Chocolate EXCELLENCE Bar (3.5 oz)
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) natural crunchy peanut butter, well stirred
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) unsalted butter or coconut oil, melted and divided
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) honey
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup (375 mL) old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) hemp hearts (optional)
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) kosher salt
- 1 1/2 Lindt EXCELLENCE Sea Salt 100 g bar, divided
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) flaky sea salt
- Cut a piece of parchment paper four-inches wide and 15-inches long. Then grease a 5 x 9-inch loaf pan and line it with your prepped paper.
- Preheat your oven to 300 deg F. Toast oats on baking sheet for 5 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Add coconut and bake for another five minutes. Let cool.
- Warm peanut butter, 2 tbsp of butter or oil, honey and vanilla in medium pot over low heat until mixture is combined and smooth. Remove from heat.
- Stir in oats, coconut, salt and hemp seeds. Let cool for 10 minutes.
- Coarsely chop five diamonds of EXCELLENCE Sea Salt Chocolate. Fold into oat mixture.
- Spoon, press and flatten mixture into your pan using a spoon or spatula.
- Chill in fridge uncovered for at least one hour.
- Bring up to room temperature for 20 minutes.
- Finely chop the remaining chocolate. Heat with remaining butter or coconut oil in small saucepan over very low heat.
- Pour the chocolate mixture over the bars, using the back of a small spoon to spread it out evenly.
- Chill again for 15 minutes or until chocolate has set. Sprinkle top with sea salt.
- Pull bars out of the pan using the ends of the parchment paper. Cut into eight bars or 16 squares.
- Store in tightly sealed container in fridge for one to two weeks.
- Tip: To make clean cut of the bars, run a long sharp knife under hot water and wipe it down before cutting your slices.