Chocolate Truffle Raspberry Pie
Summer dinners call for this easy, beautiful tart.
Fresh berries and chocolate make for a heavenly match in this pie, which can be prepared in just 15 minutes the day before your next get-together.
70% Cocoa Dark Chocolate EXCELLENCE Bar (3.5 oz)
- 2 bars (3.5 oz each) Lindt EXCELLENCE 70% Cocoa Dark Chocolate
- 2 cups fresh raspberries, plus extra for serving
- 1 9-inch baked tart or pie shell
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 cup sherry, Kahlua or brandy
- 1 tsp pure vanilla
- Pistachio nuts (optional)
- Finely chop chocolate and place in a bowl. Scatter berries in tart shell. Heat cream, sherry and vanilla in a small pan, stirring often, until bubbles form around sides. Pour over chocolate and stir gently until chocolate is melted.
- Pour chocolate mixture over berries in pie shell and smooth top, covering all berries. Leave at room temperature for half an hour, then refrigerate at least 2 hours or overnight before serving. Serve chilled with a scattering of pistachio nuts and more berries.