Gluten-Free Chocolate And Raspberry Pancakes Recipe
70% Cocoa Dark Chocolate EXCELLENCE Bar (3.5 oz)
- 4 Cups Gluten-free plain flour
- 1/4 Cup Cocoa powder, sifted
- 1 Tbsp Baking powder
- 1 Tsp Baking soda
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1/4 Cup Granulated sugar
- 2 Eggs, at room temperature
- 2 Cups Buttermilk
- 1 Tsp Vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp Oil (canola, sunflower or vegetable)
- Assembly & Garnish
- 2 (100g) Bars Lindt EXCELLENCE 70%, divided
- 1 Cup Whipping cream
- 1/4 Cup Confectioner’s sugar
- 2 Cups Fresh raspberries
- Pancakes: In a large bowl, whisk together the gluten-free flour, cocoa, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt, then set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk together the eggs and buttermilk. Pour the buttermilk mixture over the dry ingredients. Whisk until just combined – don’t over-mix – a few lumps are okay. Let the batter rest for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over a medium heat and brush with some of the oil. Once the pan is hot, adjust heat to medium-low. Using 1/3 cup batter per pancake, cook the pancakes in batches for about 1-2 minutes, until bubbles start to form. Flip and cook for the same amount of time until golden on the bottom. Brush the skillet with more oil as needed.
- Assembly: Meanwhile, finely chop 1 bar Lindt EXCELLENCE 70%. Place in a heat-safe bowl set over a saucepan of barely simmering water for 5 minutes or until the chocolate is melted and can be stirred.
- Using a vegetable peeler, shave flat thin shavings from the remaining bar of Lindt EXCELLENCE 70% onto a parchment paper-lined plate.
- Whip the cream with the icing sugar using an electric whisk until stiff peaks form.
- Serve the pancakes with the melted chocolate, and a dollop of whipped cream. Garnish with fresh raspberries and shaved chocolate.