LINDOR CANDY CANE COOKIES
These cookies feature everyone's favourite holiday flavor - candy cane!
- 1¼ cups (310 mL) All-purpose flour
- ½ tsp (2 mL) Baking powder
- ½ tsp (2 mL) Salt
- ⅓ cup (75 mL) Unsalted butter, at room temperature
- ¼ cup (60 mL) Granulated sugar
- ½ cup (125 mL) Light brown sugar
- 1 Large egg
- ½ tsp (2 mL) Vanilla extract
- 6 (72 g) LINDOR Candy Cane Truffles, chopped
- 6 Mini candy canes, chopped
- Whisk together all-purpose flour, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together butter and sugars for 2 minutes. Scrape down the bowl and beater, turn mixer to low, then add egg, then vanilla. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Add dry ingredients to the mixer bowl and mix on low. Stir just until the flour disappears. Stir in chopped LINDOR and candy cane pieces. Mix just to combine.
- Transfer dough to an airtight container and chill in the fridge overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 ºF (175 ºC). Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Divide chilled dough into 18 pieces, roll into balls and place on prepared baking sheets, spacing them 1.5 inches (4 cm) apart.
- Bake for about 12 to 14 minutes, until edges just begin to turn golden brown. Let cool 2 minutes on baking sheet, then transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.