Sweet and Salty Chocolate Dessert Board Recipe
To create a sweet and salty take on this popular entertaining trend, our friends at Lindt Canada asked one of Toronto’s most sought-after food stylists and recipe developers, Miranda Keyes, to put together a delicious platter with three distinct flavor zones. Each pairing features a sweet treat, a salty snack, and a fresh fruit component designed to enhance the tasting experience of three of our most popular Lindt Excellence bars: A Touch of Sea Salt, Chili and Roasted Hazelnut*. And while you may already know that chocolate pairs brilliantly with wine, cheese, tea and even whisky, getting that perfect combination of flavors, colors and textures can be a delicate balancing act—here’s how to master the mix. *The original recipe features Lindt Canada’s EXCELLENCE Roasted Almond bar but we substituted our Roasted Hazelnut bar as Roasted Almond is not available in the US.*
Chili Dark Chocolate EXCELLENCE Bar (3.5 oz)
- A Hint of Spice
- Sweet: dried apricots and banana chips.
- Salty: pretzels.
- Fresh: pomegranate seeds.
- 1 Bar (100g) Lindt Excellence Chili Dark Chocolate
- A Sprinkle of Salt
- Sweet: caramel corn and nougat.
- Salty: walnuts.
- Fresh: strawberries.
- 1 Bar (100g) Lindt Excellence A Touch of Sea Salt Dark Chocolate
- A Touch of Crunch
- Sweet: ricotta and honey crostini's.
- Salty: sweet potato chips.
- Fresh: blueberries.
- 1 Bar (100g) Lindt Excellence Roasted Hazelnut Dark Chocolate
- A Hint of Spice Turn up the heat by matching Lindt Excellence Chili Dark Chocolate with crunchy treats that are a feast for the eyes as well as the palate. Sweet: dried apricots and banana chips. Salty: pretzels. Fresh: pomegranate seeds.
- A Sprinkle of Salt Combine classic snack foods and fresh seasonal berries with Lindt Excellence A Touch of Sea Salt Dark Chocolate for a crowd-pleasing plate. Sweet: caramel corn and nougat. Salty: walnuts. Fresh: strawberries.
- A Touch of Crunch Soft cheese (with a delicious drizzle) and the tang of berries complement the crunch and richness of Lindt Excellence Roasted Hazelnut Dark Chocolate. Sweet: ricotta and honey crostinis. Salty: sweet potato chips. Fresh: blueberries.