Salted Chocolate Chip Cookies
These chocolate chip cookies satisfy your sweet and salty craving.
70% Cocoa Dark Chocolate EXCELLENCE Bar (3.5 oz)
- 2 cups (475 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp (5 mL) flaked sea salt, divided
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 mL) baking powder
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) baking soda
- 3/4 (180 mL) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 (180 mL) lightly packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (120 mL) granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) good quality honey
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla extract
- 2 bars (100 g each) 70% Cocao Lindt EXCELLENCE, chopped
- Arrange racks in top and bottom thirds of oven. Preheat to 350 deg F (175 deg C). Line two baking sheets with parchment.
- Whisk together flour, 1/2 tsp sea salt, baking powder and soda; set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat butter with sugars and honey on medium-high speed until very pale and fluffy, 3 to 4 minutes. Scrape down sides of bowl. Beat in egg and vanilla, then flour mixture until a smooth dough forms. Stir in chocolate until combined.
- Using a standard ice cream scoop (about ¼ cup in size), scoop dough onto prepared baking sheets, about 2 inches (5 cm) apart. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 tsp sea salt.
- Bake in top and bottom thirds of oven, switching sheets halfway through, until edges have set, 12 to 14 minutes. Let cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes. Transfer to a rack; let cool completely.
- Substitution tip: Lindt EXCELLENCE 70% Cacao can be substituted with 2 bars (100 g each) Lindt EXCELLENCE Hazelnut or Lindt EXCELLENCE Roasted Almond.